High Lights

StarBuzz Online - Toronto

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aamir Khan Talks about his profession for Bollywood Hindi Film Industry 2011

 

As per Recent Bollywood News, Aamir Khan said that, . “I don’t sleep for various reasons because I get nervous, lying awake thinking whether people are going to like it or not.”

StarBuzz Weekly, Toronto- March 2, 2011 5:08 pm – As per Recent Bollywood News, Aamir Khan said that, . “I don’t sleep for various reasons because I get nervous, lying awake thinking whether people are going to like it or not.”
“It’s now got a life of its own, beyond our control.”


“This is a unique case---how we are marketing (Dhobi Ghat). You normally enlarge your audience. We are contracting our audience, to get to the pure core audience who the film has been made for.”

“Unless you make a profit, you should not do a film.”

“I am not a businessman; I don’t think like that. I happen to be a successful producer. If I were a businessman, I would not be producing Indie films. Why am I spending 6-8 months making an India film when I can make a mainstream film, like Ghajini, in the same time? It’s not that I don’t know the difference. I am not thinking of profits when I am producing Dhobi Ghat or Peepli Live. I have to think of the basic reality: whatever I have spent, I must get that back and atleast 10% more. So that’s worked for me.”

“With companies (read studios), I don’t understand one thing. The value a corporation is looking at is sometimes a notional value. What your share is worth becomes more important than your actual profit. That confuses me. They spend Rs. 10 and lose all of it because the film did not do well. But the share price has gone up so they are happy. I feel if I have spent Rs. 10 on a film, I have to earn Rs. 12. Then I know it’s a successful film. Corporations have a different understanding of what’s financial success; they don’t seem to follow this rule of mine.”

“Where only Rs10, for example, is possible to make, they are spending Rs. 20. How the hell are you going to make Rs. 22? I can’t buy a film for what it will do in my dreams. You have to do business on hardcore realities.”
“I don’t think the issue is making a small or big film. The question you have to ask is whether it’s worth making and are you making it economically viable.”

“I would hate to be known as a non-thinking actor. It would be most unflattering if my work or success was attributed to luck or chance. I hope I have given thought to my work. I hope that the value I bring to a project is not just my good luck. A label misleads the reader or a person who is not familiar with me. The fact is, everyone thinks. It’s your ability to think that differentiates. What is important is you cannot measure your work in the creative field. A thinking actor implies he measures what he does. I don’t. Thinking actor implies I calculate what I do. I don’t. I am actually most instinctive, passionate.”

“It’s the emotional connect I am looking for which makes my films work. You just have to feel. I am a feeling man’s actor, however strange that may sound.”

As per Latest Bollywood News which read from one of the well known online source, he also said that,
“What we do is emotional. It’s the process of distributing the film that requires thinking. What is the potential of this film? You have to do justice to what you have made in showcasing it.”

“My feeling is I am not a writer. My strength lies elsewhere, in being a great support to a talented director because I myself began as an assistant. When I work with directors who are talented, I bring out the best in them.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter

Creating Unity, Cutting Across Communities