High Lights

StarBuzz Online - Toronto

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Promenade Gallery at Lake shore Mississauga opens with Art Exhibition 'TREKS AND TRAILS" of Asma Mahmood

StarBuzz Weekly, Toronto- A treat to the eyes and the mind,  an art exhibition 'TREKS AND TRAILS" of Asma Mahmood opened on the 28th June 2012 with a grand opening of Promenade Gallery on Lake Shore road Mississauga. Asma is the Artistic director of this newly opened Art Gallery. 


"Couple of years ago a package of old letters and cards was accidentally destroyed. That package held great importance for me. As I found out about that loss, I tried to think of ways to recreate the feeling of those letters. Surprisingly three writers of those letters turned out to be an inspiration for the current exhibition.
This Exhibition is a tribute to my father who taught me to enjoy everything in life as an adventure. One Who made me unafraid and appreciative of new ideas .He taught me to draw . It is a memory of his letters to me that he wrote over the years to teach me, strengthen me and just to let me know how much he loved me. He took me to these mountains when I was just a child. He taught me to dream." Says Asma. What a beautiful thought!


Promenade gallery is an artist studio and a private commercial art gallery. Gallery space is approx 850 Sq feet of floor and wall space and up for rental at various rates for artists.
Artist who rent the gallery space are encouraged to use the gallery as artist studio /gallery for display. The gallery encourages artists to mount solo shows .


          promenadeart@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter

Creating Unity, Cutting Across Communities